“Why is this called mail call and not daily updates?”
Why should it be called daily updates? What if we can’t update every day?
I mean, this thing’s halfway between what I randomly post on our forums every day and a way to formally answer questions. I also use it to throw out content on reasonably regular occasions.
“Question. Just what is the conventional military of the world doing? I get that STEC is supposed to be this super secret organization, but why not get the world to engage in a massive military build-up to counter the Abyssal invasion?”
This question pops up fairly regularly, and I’ll answer it with a few notes. In short, there’s no advantage right now to make this stuff public knowledge and a number of shortcomings.
- See vol. 1’s reasoning for keeping things a secret. Not many ways to hurt the things short of shipgirl, and your unappealing options are:
- lie to people and tell them that the weapons work when they don’t.
- don’t lie to people and tell them that the weapons don’t work.
- STEC doesn’t want to raise world tensions when the Abyssals haven’t struck in force. If there’s a military build up and the Abyssals don’t show, it’s pre-emptively depleting resources and political will that could go towards fighting the Abyssals.
- Current Abyssal activities are contained.
- No practical benefit to STEC’s own operations since they don’t really need the massive infrastructural and logistical supports of the other branches of the military.
I can go on, but those are a few examples.
“Could you send me the cubs fan Chicago please?”